Wednesday, July 14, 2010





The garden is overflowing with herbs right now and one of my favorite ways to use them up is to make a simple vinaigrette. We use it on green salad, to marinate veggies before they go on the fire, or in a pasta salad. I thought I would share the recipe for anyone looking for a way to spice up their meals.

1/3 chopped herbs- Lately I've been using nasturtium leaves, cilantro, dill, oregano, and thyme.
2 cloves garlic - My garlic is still a little small so I usually throw in 3 or 4
Juice from 2 lemons
1/2 a cup olive oil- My sister just brought me back some great garlic olive oil from California
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar- Cider vinegar works too
1 tsp honey- We use Swan's Maine Beekeeper raw unfiltered honey
I usually just chop everything up and put it all in a mason jar so it is easy to shake up. Keep it in the fridge if there are any leftovers. This amount usually lasts us 2 meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment