Monday, June 10, 2013

A Moose, a Goose, and a Fox

Three days last week I was startled by wildlife stepping out from behind tall grass or woods onto the road in front of me while I was riding my bicycle.

First, a pair of Canadian geese too startled to honk. I got past them before they regained their wits. I have to admit the phrase "wild goose chase" came to mind.

Next a moose. I wish I had pictures. It was a little eerie how quiet he was for such a big guy! We watched each other for a while before he slipped back into the woods. Exhilarating.

And, finally, a fox ran across the road in town, followed by a bunch of crows yelling at it. Awesome way to start the day!


These encounters got me thinking about inspiration. Whether drawn from nature, from the people in my community, or from within, it's worth taking a moment to be thankful for inspiration, the opportunity to be creative, and the ability to experience the simple things that bring so much joy and beauty into life.



It was a busy week again last week. Maine's "waking up" for the summer season. We sent out a package to Rocky Acres Farm Stand in York, ME. We are also printing and sewing tea towels, napkins, and produce bags for more wholesale orders going out this week. 


The Vintage Bazaar at Pettingill Farm in Salisbury, MA is coming right up: June 22 and 23, 2013. It is open from 10am to 5pm each day. There is a $5 admission fee (children free) and free parking. 125 artisans and crafters will be there, including a bunch of Mainers: On the Round, Quench Metalworks, AP Floorcloth Design, and Madder Root. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello!

In the meantime, you can reach us by commenting (below), checking out our facebook page or sending a convo through our Etsy shop.

Hope your week's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment