Thursday, February 24, 2011

Women Work and Community: New Ventures



I was invited to speak at Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community's Bangor Center on Thursday. I'm a big fan of WWC, having participated in many of their free workshops. I participated in and graduated from New Ventures in the spring of 2005 and spoke to the current New Ventures applicants about my experiences. New Ventures is a 12 week course that takes you, step-by-step, through the process of researching and writing a business plan. The information I learned through New Ventures laid the groundwork for my understanding of entrepreneurship (and how I fit into that world) and continues to inform my approach to business today.

Maine Centers for Women, Work and Community offers free workshops and New Ventures classes throughout the state.

Along with New Ventures (which starts February 24 and is filled), the Bangor Center is also offering the following workshops this spring:

Financing Your Future: Make the Most of Your Money
Wednesdays, 5 Sessions
9:30am - 12:30pm
April 20 - May 18

Financial Fitness for Women
Saturday April 2
9:00am - 1:30pm

All services are confidential and offered at no fee. Pre-registration is required. 1 University Drive, Bangor Hall, Bangor, ME 04401-4331. 207.262.7840 or toll free in Maine 1.800.442.2092.

For more information about these and other workshops (offered state-wide), please visit WWC's website and check out their Class Schedule.

Cheers!--Janyce

No comments:

Post a Comment